Serving: 4 - 6
Preperation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 - 60 minutes
- 400g reshteh ( iranian noodles)
- 350g spinach, finely chopped
- 350g parsley, finely chopped
- 350g tareh/green onion, finely chopped
- 150 grams chickpeas OR (one can cooked)
- 150 grams kidney beans Or (one can cooked)
- 150 grams lentils (cooked separately in water)
- 4 Tbsp dried mints
- 4 medium onions
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cup kashk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Slice and fry onion in large pot, reserve ¼ for later. Add turmeric and two tablespoons of dried mint and fry for additional minute.
- Add 10 glasses of water and bring to a boil. Add chopped herbs to the boiling water and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils, chick peas, kidney beans and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Dissolve flour in glass of cold water and add in and mix well.
- Add reshteh noodles to the pot and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove the mix from heat and add kashk.
- In a small saucepan fry, on low heat, garlic, remaining two tablespoons of dry mint and turmeric for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve stew in large bowl, and garnish with garlic mixture and remaining fried onions.