Enjoy this recipe....yummmmmmy!!!!!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup raw demerara sugar (or raw sugar)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar, plus extra for the fruit as required
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 kg mixed fruit, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry (cut in halves), blueberry, and plums (stone removed, cut into quarters).
- 1 /4 cup of muesli mix or oats or chopped nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree C. Combine the flour, ground almonds, and butter in a food processor and pulse briefly until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs with a few larger lumps. Add the sugars and stir through.
- Put this in the freezer for 10 minutes, or if making ahead, in the fridge until you're ready to bake. If you find that you have over mixed, leave in the mix for 15 to 20 minutes, and then after you take it out of the freezer, just slightly crumble with your hands.
- While your flour mix is in the freezer, put your prepared fruit in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish, and sprinkle about two tablespoon of caster sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Arrange the crumble over the top of the fruit – don't press it down – and sprinkle with muesli, or oats or nuts if using (I personally like to add these ingredients to the top).
- Bake for about half an hour, until golden and bubbling, and serve slightly cooled.
- Enjoy this dish with either custard or vanilla ice cream.